sábado, 5 de enero de 2013

What I talk about when I talk about running

Nacho, desde la EOI de Luarca, nos recomienda este libro de Haruki Murakami.
En inglés.



The book I have just read is titled "What I talk about when I talk about running" and that almost explains the whole story. It's written by Haruki Murakami and can be considered as an essay about his passion for long distance running and how this helps him in his work as a writer.

He does not only talk about running, but also about how it has influenced his way of writing and his life.How something that just started as a way of keeping fit has developed as a key for his success as a novelist and how this practice fits with his character. He schedules all the trainings in order to get to the next race in the best conditions even now that he is in his 60`s.

The pages of the book are filled with anecdotes and feelings in which everyone who has ever run may see themselves reflected.
And something that stroke me was the fact that he does NOT recommend running to anyone. He claims that it is something you should do only if you want to. That is the way to enjoy running. 




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario